Posted in: Blogging Tips
Recently I’ve been noticing that a lot of my customers know that they need a WordPress blog for their business’ website but they are unsure as to the why.
As a result, it is unclear to them what to do with their blog once it is created. These conversations have prompted me to share some of the ways I see a blog impacting a business’ website and customer base.
So, what is the objective of a Business blog?
1. To establish a relationship with a potential client
- There are 4 tiers of connecting with a client
- Website home page
- Blog posts/website internal pages
- Newsletter/RSS feed
- Phone call
- Each of these tiers offer a level for your customers to connect with you. Some customers may know that they are ready to work with you and will call or email your business. However, for those that are unsure, you need to offer them options of connectedness. If a customers’ only options are a phone call or browsing the website; you will find that your business will lose many potential customers.
- Instead, by offering stepping stones of connectedness, customers can start by browsing your site and WordPress blog to learn about you. They may then choose to subscribe to your blog RSS feed or your newsletter mailing list. Then with time they will be ready to take the step of a phone call or email. The key point here is you are meeting their need to build a relationship with your business on their terms.
2. To add new content to your website on a regular basis
- New Content simply means new text containing information on things relating to your business. There are 2 key reasons new content is valuable
- New content gives your customer a reason to come back and look at your website, especially if they are on your <span >RSS feed.
- New content attracts the Search Engines to your site, resulting in them viewing your website at current and relevant.
3. To increase the quality of relevant content
- Google’s goal is to provide searchers with websites holding information on what they seek. The more relevant content you have on your WordPress website & blog, the more your site <span >is seen as a valuable resource. This results in a higher placement in the Search Engine Results.
- A high content blog allows you to keep the remainder of your business’ website sales oriented and not content dense. This is key as most customers prefer to scan headers and lists. Not wade through paragraphs. A WordPress blog allows those paragraphs to remain on your website without compromising the sale portion of your site.
4. To be able to add content without the assistance of a web designer
- It is essential that you are able to control the content of your business’ blog on your schedule, not your web developers. There is nothing more frustrating then needing an edit done asap and having to wait on another.
…. I’d love to hear your comments on how you see or use, your WordPress blog impacting your business!